They still were bouncing off the walls and wouldn't even nap for me. It was crazy and not very fun. I felt bad for the girls, but the other Nanny came in the afternoon, so I was free to have fun later that day. That evening, Marty and Kathleen Francom had a party for some of the couples they knew in our ward. It was a blast!!!! Jim and Jan Wells were there, along with, Cathy Stensen, Leonard and Kathy Anderson, Chuck and Susan Shores and another couple, Linda and ? whom I don't know as well. Mike had to help his mother with a construction emergency, so he couldn't go, but I decided to go anyway and though I missed Mike, I'm glad I did!!! The Francoms are such a neat couple and they really know how to throw parties. Thanks Marty and Kathleen!!!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Happy Halloween!
Can an empty nester have a happy Halloween? DEFINITELY! Unfortunately, in the past 23 Halloweens at our house, we have gotten a total of no more than 5 trick or treaters which has always meant more candy for us, but not very much fun.
This year, I invited my Primary class over the Wednesday before and had a party. I had 7 six year olds dressed in costumes and we decorated cupcakes for their families and watched Pooh's Heffalump Halloween (very cute). It was great! Then that Friday I worked, so I dressed the girls in their costumes for the day, took them to school and had a simple, sugar free party for them.



They still were bouncing off the walls and wouldn't even nap for me. It was crazy and not very fun. I felt bad for the girls, but the other Nanny came in the afternoon, so I was free to have fun later that day. That evening, Marty and Kathleen Francom had a party for some of the couples they knew in our ward. It was a blast!!!! Jim and Jan Wells were there, along with, Cathy Stensen, Leonard and Kathy Anderson, Chuck and Susan Shores and another couple, Linda and ? whom I don't know as well. Mike had to help his mother with a construction emergency, so he couldn't go, but I decided to go anyway and though I missed Mike, I'm glad I did!!! The Francoms are such a neat couple and they really know how to throw parties. Thanks Marty and Kathleen!!!
They still were bouncing off the walls and wouldn't even nap for me. It was crazy and not very fun. I felt bad for the girls, but the other Nanny came in the afternoon, so I was free to have fun later that day. That evening, Marty and Kathleen Francom had a party for some of the couples they knew in our ward. It was a blast!!!! Jim and Jan Wells were there, along with, Cathy Stensen, Leonard and Kathy Anderson, Chuck and Susan Shores and another couple, Linda and ? whom I don't know as well. Mike had to help his mother with a construction emergency, so he couldn't go, but I decided to go anyway and though I missed Mike, I'm glad I did!!! The Francoms are such a neat couple and they really know how to throw parties. Thanks Marty and Kathleen!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute costumes! You are such a good Primary teacher Beth! Those kids are lucky to have you :)
Ah! You are an awesome primary teacher! I had to sub for the six yr. old class last Sunday and let me just say, it was not a shining moment for me- they were a HANDFUL. Kudos to you!
AWESOME FUN!! Primary children are SO great...YOU are one special woman to take them all on!
Post a Comment